Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The snow is gone!

The family has gathered and dispersed over the days since I last posted. We are looking forward to the gatherings of family over this summer. It should be a fun one. Starting this weekend we are meeting family several times over the weeks of summer.

There are lovely new flowers blooming in the gardens around the house and the grass has been mowed once already. However, the soil is dry already. After all that snow ...yes it melted ... but it went right into the ground and. Yes, about 1 hour north of here there was flooding because the snowfall was over 200 inches and the ground up there did freeze. Consequently, there was flooding in their space. It did caused lots of damage to the town of Fort Kent and several smaller towns along the St. John and Fish Rivers.

Me, well I have had my hands busy. I have finished the tree quilt top and now I need to decide about the quilting... is it to be me or have someone else do it. And I am leaning toward sending it to a quilted. Also there are some classes decided for the fall ... and folks are waiting for the announcement. I will advertise in the fall for classes and do one semester and see what I can do and how much sewing I can do as well. I want to sew too!! I have all those kits I made that I want to sew up. It should be fun!! The shop will be the classroom AND my sewing room...that is the plan so far. I will move all the sewing equipment and paraphernalia to the shop and rename that to the Studio....and craft out there. Then in the current studio I will be doing hand work and visiting with family and sometimes eating there. Over the last two months I have finished a few things but not lots. I have one sock done for Dave and I am doing another Shawl from the green yarn that Vicki picked up for me. It is soft and is looking really nice... but is taking long time. On the lacy part I think I want to do some beading. I did not think of it soon enough to be knitting them in. Soooo.... I will see about actually getting some stitched in. I have not done this before.