Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holidays 2008

Happy Holidays... now that they are over for last year.... the new year is here!! I had a wonderful season except I busted my knee right after Thanksgiving and did managed to sit long enough to have it be healed to get around after a couple of weeks. The next thing is to stregthen it enough for the summer walking when we get to go camping. And to also get ready for this years holidays!!! I am doing some sewing for next Christmas when I get to sew this year. I expect to sew at my shop sometime today actually. There is a stack of mending to do as well as a couple of sewing projects that I am working on. I will talk about them when I get the pictures to show.

Some of the grandchildren were here for the Christmas times... it was lovely to have them. We even had the opportunity to have them by ourselves for the week between Christmas and NEw Year. The times were fun. Ben had a Jammie Day for two days. He got to play Wii with his Uncle Chris and also played with cousin Emma for a day and was corralled by Cousin Mackenzie on another day. All the children were together to play out a couple of times over the week. Then there were the quiet moments when I got a hug and got to sit quietly and talk about things with Ben. And there were the Nerf gun fun times that got us all up off our chairs and running around. Olivia at 1 3/4 years old was a delight to see learning so much each day. She is starting to make sentances and has naps and bounces when she walks. She has a couple of new babies that are lovely to play with. ONe is a Bitty baby and the other a cute little dolly that has a magnetic passifier to either suck on or hold. Her Amy doll got a lovely new dress for Christmas as well. Emma took care of Olivia one night when I was down with a sinus infection. She woke up with her and then Pop came to the rescue. We all watched movies on New Years eve and "stayed up all night"... after 3 movies we finally went to bed. We still did not get to see the ball drop!