Saturday, June 13, 2009

Things at the Country Farm!!!

Good day folks,
Today has the first sunshine in a few days!!! I am going to be out and about for the day... or most of it. Emma has a game and I will go to the shop today and do some on Simon's quilt. At some point I will do some cleaning in the house. I spent the day yesterday hand quilting on a Flying Geese quilt April and I worked together on when they were living here. And from then until now... it has been sandwiched and waiting for some sit down time!! I took it yesterday while the carpenters were here. I will have painting time at some point next week. This house is getting a face lift. We have decided that we are going to be here for at least 10 or so more years. So I want to give the decor an update. That involved some things that I did not expect. Dave thought we should replace the chimney and I agreed. So with that done we had and have 3 rooms affected directly. One is the living room which we changed into a bedroom for my Mom so she will have a larger space to be. And then there is Kathy's room and Monica's room in the finished attic space. Dave closed in the chimney space and we painted the walls and ceiling and woodwork in Mom's new room. We also had a carpet installed. That was the hired labor in that space. Then we have Kathy's room ... we have hired the plaster removal and sheet rock done in there. While The mess is created we are going have the remaining plaster in Mom's old room removed and put up sheet rock in there too. The carpenter.. Paul Harmon and his crew are making short work of the messy jobs. Paul St. Peter (my cousin in law) and another young man are working for Paul. We just have to wait for rainy days because it is an inside job and the outside jobs are for nice days. They have the sheet rock up in Kathy's room and I expect the painting to begin about late next week. I have asked to have it complete by the end of June. HE is doing very well. The weather seems to be cooperating.

I on the other hand have had to "wait" for stuff to get done to do. Sooo I have been working at making Simon a quilt for his big boy bed. I hope to have that done by the first of July or so. His Mom gave me some of his little boy clothes that are being cut into rectangles for this quilt. Also my "Baby Boy" is turning 40 this summer! I am quilting on a quilt for his big day as well. That too is for the first of July. And by the 26th of this month I will need to have most of both things done. I get to have a grand girl for 4 days! There will be limited time for quilts and quilting then. She is 2 and such a lovely little thing. Her brother and cousins Nora and Emma are going to go on a trip of a life time... they are going down the Allagash with their Papa as the guide. Moms and Dads and Papa.... they are going to have a blast. I am not a canoe person and so I get to have the youngest. I did do the canoe thing and I liked it when the water was calm. But we had to cross a lake in a wind storm and scared me enough to not get back in at all!!! So far. Maybe I will soon. I have to get my strength back up first. I am working on it. I did the climbing of ladder and made out okay ... my balance is not so good these days. I am working on that too!!!